ABOUT ARBORICULTURE AUSTRALIA
Thank you for your interest in Arboriculture Australia Ltd. We are the peak national organisation promoting and representing tree workers, arborists, professional tree management and urban forestry throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
ARBORICULTURE AUSTRALIA AIMS:
1. To promote excellence in the care and management of trees.
2. To nurture positive relationships between people and trees.
3. To represent the industry as the peak industry body
4. To stimulate greater community interest in the benefits, planting and preservation of trees in and adjacent to the built environment.
5. To provide arboricultural leadership in Australia and internationally;
6. Educate tree workers, arborists, consultants and tree managers;
7. Promote the benefits of the trees and professional tree care:
8. Promote, develop and improve arboricultural best management practices and standards;
9. Facilitate and disseminate arboricultural research; and,
10. Develop working relationships with related and like-minded organisations.
BACKGROUND OF ARBORICULTURE AUSTRALIA
At the International Society of Arboriculture Australia Chapter (ISAAC) Annual General Meeting that occurred on 17 May 2010, the members resolved to change ISAAC’s name to Arboriculture Australia Ltd, to adopt an amended constitution and agreement was given to proceed with a merger with the National Arborists Association of Australia (NAAA).
At a Special Extraordinary General Meeting held at Ryde TAFE on 2nd July 2010 the NAAA membership also voted unanimously in favour of the merger.
The merger of NAAA and ISAAC provided a consolidated organisation that has improved the level of service to the memberships whilst allowing a greater impact on decision makers and allows for improve public awareness. The merger has created a more efficient organisation that continues to improve standards, provide education and legislation affecting our members along with maintaining the personalised service.