Australian Arborist Industry Licence
LICENCE UPDATE - OCTOBER 2020
Arb Aus™ is reviewing the Australian Arborist Licence project. This review will occur throughout 2021 and conclude in 2022. During this time, Arb Aus will not renew or issue any further Arborist Licences.
The first Australian Arborist Licences were issued in 2017 and were complimentary with Arb Aus registered membership. Since then, voluntary uptake of the licence has been significantly below anticipated numbers, prompting concerns for:
- the current licence model
- industry demand for the licence
- industry and stakeholder commitment to the roll-out and uptake of the licence
- availability of the resources needed to effectively implement and market the licence project.
Arb Aus is seeking industry and stakeholder feedback in 2021 to review:
- the current licence model, and alternatives or amendments to the model
- industry and stakeholder enthusiasm and commitment to the project
- the resources needed to sustain the Australian Arborist Licence project
- a detailed and collaborative marketing and roll-out plan
Tell us your thoughts on regulation in our industry and the Australian Arborist Licence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and check this page for updates.
What does this mean if I have an Australian Arborist Licence?
All licences issued remain valid and provide the same benefits until their expiration date. If you have any concerns regarding your licence, please feel free to contact the Arb Aus team by emailing email@example.com.