Make Australia your Office! We are looking for an EWP Operator or a Climber with a can-do attitude to join the Active team.
This role has job security and will work on a long-term contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to the Southern Highland and Sothern Sydney areas. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites.
Reporting into the Supervisor you will ultimately need to be able to operate an Elevated Work Platform and cut, trim and remove trees around powerlines. If you are a qualified Climber you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices.
Induction and training will be provided. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- $29 to $35 per hour plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- RDO fortnightly
- Living Away from Home allowance when applicable
- An exciting employee befits program.
- All PPE and uniforms provided.
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active.
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket is essential
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
How to apply –
Email your resume and cover letter to http://jobs.activetreeservices.com.au/cw/en/job/493032/ewp-operatorclimbing-arboristBack to Listing